Monday, May 09, 2022

always keep your heart locked tight, don't let your mind retire

I should have gone to bed a couple of hours ago - but when left to my own devices, I rarely go to bed when I should. I did a lot of manual labor today in preparation for my return to Colorado tomorrow - I really wanted to get my pantry project done before leaving, so I painted shelves most of the afternoon. It would have all been relatively easier if I'd just painted the whole pantry one color, since I could have sprayed it - but the contrast of the bright white shelves + the subtle light blue walls is #worthit.

I took a break at some point when my parents stopped by to check out my new sectional + my paint job (and [censored] and I wished our mother a happy mother's day). I also talked briefly to Terry, which was lovely. And [censored] was kind enough to power wash my car's floor mats, which was v. nice of him. Beyond that, though, painting took up most of my afternoon, as well as an hour when I got home from dinner + another few minutes at 11pm. However, I believe that I'm done - I'm waiting to see how it looks in the morning, but after putting a second coat on the tops of the shelves tonight, it appears to be in great shape.

Beyond that...at some point I said farewell to [censored] and went out to my parents' house, where I v. shamefully let my mom cook for me on Mother's Day (thanks Mom!). The cheeseburgers and fries were excellent, though, so it would have been hard to pass them up. Then I came back to my place, did the aforementioned extra painting, and then spent the past few hours packing tings up, cleaning out my fridge, taking a shower, etc.

And now I really need to sleep - it's possible I won't make it back to Denver tomorrow, but I'm going to give it my best try. Goodnight!

No comments: