Wednesday, May 25, 2022

seems you cannot be replaced and i'm the one who will stay

I continue to be v. tired after my trip, but the jetlag is starting to settle down. Today was pretty good when I wasn't doomscrolling - I made some eggs when I got up, and then I walked a few blocks to try a new-to-me coffee shop. I obviously haven't been writing in coffee shops since the pandemic, but I want to get back into the habit - or at least get out of the house rather than staying inside like a hermit. The coffee shop was a success - my cold brew was excellent, and while there aren't a lot of comfortable seats, I managed to grab a chair and write/journal for a couple of hours. +100, would do again.

Then I came home, messed around, ate some lunch, etc. before going to Alamo Drafthouse to see 'Everything, Everywhere, All at Once'. I'm glad I bought the ticket a couple of days ago, since otherwise I might not have forced myself to go see it - but a month-old movie at 3:20pm on a Wednesday meant there were only six or so other people in the theatre, which felt pretty safe. I enjoyed my excellent popcorn and a glass of sauvignon blanc, and I also enjoyed the movie - it was extremely weird and trippy, and also v. well acted, and I found it delightful.

Then I came home and wasted the evening, although I enjoyed some leftover pulled pork + harissa white bean stew. And now I'm going to sleep and hope that I write / journal / enjoy similar activities tomorrow while also prepping to drive to Iowa. Goodnight!

No comments: