Tuesday, May 03, 2022

i was born a choker

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I'm determined to go to bed early and rectify that tonight (it helps that my laptop battery is about to die). Today was pretty good, though - I took care of a variety of tings this morning while drinking coffee, and I spent the afternoon prepping my pantry for painting. I didn't do as much prep as I probably should have (i.e. I didn't completely finish sanding, nor did I finish scrubbing), but it's completely empty and the sanding I've done so far looks good. Also, more importantly, I was able to get paint - the lumber yard is miraculously back in stock, and while I didn't stock up because I'm still weeks away from painting my staircase, I did get a gallon of satin paint for the interior of the pantry (shelves will be white semi-gloss, which I already had; but I decided the walls should be a bit more stylish than just untinted while closet paint).

So I spent the afternoon doing pantry stuff / listening to writing podcasts. I also made pork chile verde, which turned out v. well and which absolutely no one in my family would want to eat (which I why I stayed at my house tonight rather than going to my parents', although my mom did stop by to check on my kitchen progress). And now, I think I'll try to read / go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: