Monday, May 23, 2022

once the show gets started it's bound to be a sight to see

Jetlag is still brutal - it's a lot easier to power through when you're on vacation and want to go to a cute new experience, but less so when you're home and just need to do the dishes. Today was good, though - my friend Caroline had the day off too, so she came over and we had brunch at Sassafras. It's a delightful Creole-inspired place, which means almost everything is glutenous, but I had the shrimp and grits and they were fantastic.

After, we walked around the neighborhood for awhile, and then she said farewell and I took a nap. I also talked to Alyssa, and ate some leftover white bean stew and pulled pork that I'd found in the freezer (and it tastes great, so it's good to know that stew freezes well). Otherwise, I got v little accomplished, and I'm not sure if my headache is from general post-vacation malaise or from how little I did today.

But for now, I think the real issue is that I'm super tired, so it's time to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: