Thursday, May 05, 2022

i know i can be frustrating, but you still like me when i'm dancing

I had a really nice day, all in all, although the weather is starting to get me down - it's been cold and rainy for days on end. The day didn't start off all that well because I didn't sleep well last night - but my heart rate has reached a new low, so I would say that my break is serving me well. I also had to set an alarm and get up so that I would be ready for my new couch to get delivered. As I said yesterday, the delivery truck was parked outside my house overnight - but the delivery guys seemed none the worse for wear, and they were delighted that the place next to me is a convenience store (and not the tire store that Google Maps thinks it is), since that meant they could get coffee this morning.

So, they delivered my new sectional, and I love it - it will take some breaking in, but it's so much better than what was previously here. Even better, the delivery guys offered to make my old sectional disappear - they apparently have someplace at their warehouse that they can dispose of such things, so they hauled it off for me. This is excellent news, since that sectional was awful and I wasn't sure how I was going to pawn it off on someone. All in all, it was just as smooth as any delivery I've gotten from Room and Board, but even more impressive given that they delivered it from Minneapolis, which is five hours away (these guys apparently cover a wide area, since they were in Nebraska yesterday and were headed back north today).

After that was over, [censored] and I talked for a bit, and then he had to go to a work event. I took that opportunity to take a quick nap, and then I did some house stuff / showered / etc. Eventually, I went into town and saw [censored]'s work event - there was a small business development thing happening on the town square, and so I chatted up some of the Extension people there and got a free voucher that I used at the coffee shop. I hadn't been in the coffee shop before, but the people there knew who I was (my last name is distinctive around here), and my mocha was pretty tasty - so maybe I'll have to go back.

Before I left the square, I had a nice conversation with Mark (of battery factory fame, whose wife makes jewelry); we talked about economic development and volunteering and also Ukraine, which was a delight. Then I ran to the grocery store, ran out to my parents' house, and came back to my house and did some more sanding / vacuuming of my pantry. I eventually slacked off so that I could talk to a couple of former coworkers - we hadn't caught up in a long time, so it was good to get some gossip.

Eventually, [censored] and I went to the parents' house for dinner (bratwurst and mac and cheese, yum). And then we came back and enjoyed the new sectional while watching woodworking videos on youtube. And now I need to sleep before I get too exhausted to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: