Saturday, May 28, 2022

dancing on my grave, no tears

My first day in ye olde Iowa was pretty successful, all in all. I didn't get nearly enough sleep, but then I made some coffee, unloaded my car, and generally took care of tings. Then I went to the next town over, where I bought a washing machine from the guy who sells me appliances. The washing machine that was here when I moved in was potentially one of the first washing machines ever invented (it was better than a washboard or a rock, but not much), and so it was time to upgrade. I also went to Walmart and to the grocery store, so I'm moderately stocked up for the next few days.

After I got back, I said hi to [censored] and went to my parents' house, where I messed around inside/outside. At some point, [censored] and I picked up Mexican takeout, which we ate with my parents before leaving so that we could accomplish things other than watching TV. I spent the rest of the night unpacking, organizing, doing kitchen, stuff, etc. And we had a v. exciting five minutes where [censored] discovered that my air conditioner was leaking water into the basement, but then discovered the source of the problem and just happened to already have the type of plastic tubing necessary to fix it. So, it could have been much worse, and [censored] has earned his keep for another thousand years.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: