Saturday, May 07, 2022

do you feel the love? (i feel the love)

I'm pretty tired and I have a lot to do tomorrow before I head back to Denver, but I'm happy with what I accomplished today. This mostly meant painting the walls in my pantry - unfortunately, it's a time-consuming task, since the shelves can't be taken out and so I had to cut in around each shelf individually (and paint under the lowest shelf while lying on my stomach). But the color looks awesome and I'm happy with how it turned out. However, it's now even more imperative that I paint the shelves - the whole pantry (and kitchen, and the living room before we painted it) was a rather depressing yellow that may have been the worst color to put in this house, and so the bleak yellow shelves next to my beautiful new walls is especially terrible.

So, painting shelves is a task for tomorrow - but so is getting ready to drive to Denver, so we'll see how that all goes. I listened to some podcasts while painting, and I talked to [censored] a bunch this morning, and then I picked up Mexican takeout and took it to my parents' for dinner. When I got back to my place, I briefly considered doing some more painting, but instead I journaled and then hung out with [censored]. And now, I should sleep so that I can get cracking in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: