Monday, May 16, 2022

my heart will go on

Happy birthday to [censored]! I celebrated with everything he hates: heights, boats, wine, and spending money. Katie and I had breakfast at the hotel before catching a ferry to Capri. Unfortunately, jet lag hit both of us hard today, and so we were not in it to win it. But we walked up a million steps from the marina to the main town of Capri, where we window shopped the expensive boutiques and then had lunch at a fantastic pizza place where a lot of celebs seem to go (although we were the only celebs there today).

Then, we caught a taxi to Anacapri - the taxi was like an El Camino in that the front was a sedan and the back was a convertible, and it was great. We wandered around Anacapri for a bit and had a snack before catching another taxi back to port and taking the ferry back to Amalfi. I can see how Capri would be quite charming, but we were too tired to get it together, so some of its charms were lost on us.

When we got back to Amalfi, we relaxed and showered, and then got dinner at an excellent restaurant attached to a wine shop. The food on this trip has been uniformly great, and tonight was no exception - and I bought a bottle of their limoncello, which I'm excited to drink in the US.

And now, I should sleep and hope to regain my energy before tomorrow's adventures - goodnight!

No comments: