Wednesday, May 04, 2022

I want something just like this

In one of the more bizarre logistics things I've seen in awhile, my new sectional (which is set to be delivered tomorrow morning) is sitting in a semi parked next to my house, where the delivery guys are apparently spending the night so that they can deliver first thing tomorrow. I had wondered how Room and Board would deliver here, since I live truly in the middle of nowhere, but they seemed to have no qualms about offering me the standard $79 delivery fee. I somehow think this delivery is costing them more than $79, since when the guys called me today to confirm delivery, they were 2.5hrs away and decided to come here when I said they wouldn't have any trouble parking here.

So, it's been a weird thing to know that we're thirty feet from each other and yet not acknowledging it until eight a.m. This is #smalltownlife at its finest, and yet I also feel super bougie for getting a sectional that had to come from a warehouse in Minneapolis. Hopefully it's great, because I definitely don't want to have to send it back.

The rest of my day was super hermity - I slept for nine hours, ate oatmeal, journaled, intended to paint, and instead didn't bother. I did make excellent breakfast tacos at two p.m., which were great. And I talked to Heather (aka dear respected madam), since we hadn't caught up before I left work. I also made stuff for salads and took it all out to my parents' house, which was nice. And [censored] showed up tonight, so my hermit time is coming to an end for now.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: