Monday, May 09, 2022

til the black sky turns back to indigo

I am in my old stomping ground of North Platte, Nebraska. I am not, however, in my usual Marriott property because they sold out while I was driving - but maybe that is for the best, since I quite like the new place I'm staying (which is basically exactly like the old place, since all these chain motels along the interstate are interchangeable). This one is next to Qdoba and Applebee's, though, which is a welcome development. I'm trying to avoid having a second round of covid before my Italy trip, so getting Qdoba to go was probably better than sitting in a restaurant (although the people watching at Applebee's is usually pretty good, so I'm sorry I missed it).

I am in North Platte because I left way too late today (like, after noon)....but that's not a surprise since I stayed up until two last night and had some house stuff I wanted to do before I left today. I cleaned up the paint supplies and stripped the painters' tape from the pantry, and I'm really happy with how it turned out - there were a couple of places where the tape pulled paint off the wall, but overall it is so much better than it was and I'm happy to have gotten it done.

And that, really, is all I have to report - my drive was thoroughly uneventful, and now I need to get some sleep so I can get back to Denver relatively early and focus on turning around and going to Italy on Fri. Life is hard. Goodnight!

No comments: