Friday, May 06, 2022

i lost my head in san francisco, waiting for the fog to roll out

I don't have much to report today - I mostly wanted to spend it sitting on my new couch, but I didn't allow myself to be completely indulgent. Instead, I scrubbed down my pantry to finish the painting prep, and I also painted the ceiling. This was probably all slower than it needed to be since I took frequent breaks (I didn't *really* want to be painting, but I want to finish before I head back to Colorado, so I decided I needed to get cracking). But the ceiling turned out well, and I have all my supplies out for the next phase, so hopefully the rest of it goes smoothly.

I also spent various points of the day hanging out with [censored], and I talked to Drewbaby, so that was all good. And for supper, I went out to my parents' house and tried a new recipe for shrimp alfredo. My dad seems to do better with fish / shrimp instead of meat these days due to his taste buds, and this recipe seemed to be a winner - I think we all enjoyed it, and it was v. easy to make. I roasted some green beans to go with it, and all in all it was a tasty dinner. And we only saw one skunk show up while we were eating, and he didn't stick around for long (and the cats didn't care that he was there, nor did he care that the cats were there, so I guess harmony prevails).

Eventually, I came back into my house and lounged while watching some YouTube videos with [censored]. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: