Thursday, May 26, 2022

my signs are vital, my hands are cold

I'm in the throes of getting ready to drive to ye olde Iowa tomorrow, so I need to go to bed asap. Today was a good prep day, though - I weirdly woke up at six, and even more weirdly actually got out of bed and went to a coffee shop at seven to write for a couple of hours. It was a total delight since the place was quite empty, and I wrote a thousand words and generally enjoyed it.

Then I came home, made breakfast, and left again to get a mani/pedi before returning to the land where my vanity can't be assuaged so easily. I also ran a couple of errands, washed my car, etc. After that, I went to El Camino for a late lunch, since eating nachos while reading a book sounded like the best possible way to spend my afternoon.

Happily, while I was there, Kelly called and ended up joining me in a v. impromptu fashion - we were trying to hang out earlier this week and failed, so this worked out. Then I came home, messed around and took a nap, and spent the rest of the evening packing/organizing/cooking the salmon that I stupidly thawed out yesterday.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: