Sunday, June 16, 2019

champagne supernova

In a very #onbrand type of injury, I may have strained my wrist from opening too many bottles of champagne. The details aren't on brand though - I had to dump about twenty bottles that turned to vinegar between living in storage and spending last summer in my way-too-hot apartment. I now feel utterly justified for all the whining I did last summer, since the hundreds of dollars of wine that I've poured down the literal drain have proven that the heat was entirely uncivilized.

sssanyway, dumping the champagne was sad but necessary, and I'm glad I'm not carrying it to my new place. I also did a bunch of other stuff around Boulder today rather than going into Denver - I ran some errands, pretended to pack, figured out what was under my guest room bed, bought paint, etc.

I also called my parents, as usual; what's not usual is that it's Father's Day, so I had to throw that into the conversation. I feel pretty lucky about the parents I've got, and also lucky that I've still got them, so holidays like this one are mostly sweet (although I found out this morning that our cousin Wendell, who hosts our family reunion, passed away, so that was a sad way to start the day).

I unfortunately had to do a bit of day job stuff tonight, but I'm in pretty good shape for taking the next couple of days off. And now I need to sleep since I intend to go into Denver and paint tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: