Thursday, June 13, 2019

sea island murders

Not surprisingly, I worked today. I have to say, things are pretty stressful at work. They probably shouldn't be - no one is dying, my work isn't life-or-death, and I get paid well to drink free iced coffee and come up with ideas (two of my favorite things). But there's a lot going on, most of it is high visibility, and there's occasional interpersonal drama woven into it - all of which is a recipe for me putting a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect, and none of which makes it possible to actually be perfect.

So, I feel like I've had a headache for days, which is likely because I seem to be clenching my jaw involuntarily, possibly all the time. This is probably something I need to see a doctor for, but the cruel joke is that I'm too busy. Some of that busy-ness is fun, though - and I'm cutting out early tomorrow and taking off Monday and Tuesday next week to do stuff related to my move, which will hopefully help me to cut some of the stress.

sssanyway, work consumed me today. I left at 5:30, came home, ate an Amy's frozen enchilada like I was back in one of the local minima of my youth (back when I lived with Adit, which somehow didn't cause me to clench my jaw involuntarily), and relaxed for a bit. I then loaded some stuff into my car that I want to take to Denver tomorrow - since I'm taking possession of my house tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to take some dishes, my lawn chair, all the painted posterboards I've made, etc. And then I worked for the last couple of hours - perhaps not the fun that I would have liked to have had, but getting through some things made me feel less stressed.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: