Tuesday, June 11, 2019

flaws turned into walls and barricades

I had a surprisingly good day, all things considered. I took a meeting from home, then went to my new eye doctor - I finally broke down and found one since I'm almost out of contacts. I really liked the doctor I found - she was friendly and enjoyed showing me things with the model of an eye that she kept on her counter. She also told me to use warm compresses on my oily eyes, which my previous doctor told me for ten years and I totally ignored, so maybe the fact that two people have said it means I should listen. And she verified that the blood vessel I burst in my eye a month ago was no big deal unless it happens again, so that's all good.

But she dilated my eyes, which meant I couldn't really work for a couple of hours - and I wandered around the office with my sunglasses on like a crazy person. The rest of my day had meetings, none of which were bad. I then left early enough to drop a bunch of stuff at the recycling center, so that's a relief.

Then I went to pizzeria locale and wrote for an hour while having wine and pizza. Then I came home, took a quick nap, packed a few boxes, and took a late call with India. And now I shall sleep and do several of these things again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: