Tuesday, June 18, 2019

sun went down over pompeii

I finished painting my office, which is a good thing - it took more time than I had planned, which means I'm a bit behind on all the other stuff I intended to do with my four-day weekend. Also, I feel a bit robbed that I took today off - the water went out to the office today so it sounds like everyone kind of got a holiday for a few hours. But a four-day weekend was v. nice, so I don't actually regret it.

Other than painting, I didn't get much done - but that's okay, because the paint looks great and it was worth it to get it done. That said, I'm hiring professionals for the rest of the house - having proven to myself that I have the skill for painting, I'm going to return to my usual mode of throwing money at the problem, since throwing money is actually the wise choice when the time I spent painting could have been used to work or write a book. Still, this was a valuable exercise - I learned a lot about choosing paint colors and ended up with someone I initially didn't plan to pick, and I'm pretty sure I would have made some traumatic mistakes if I'd had to choose paint colors super fast to get the whole house painted this week.

sssanyway, the house is great and I want to be moved in already, which is not making me want to spend any time in my current place packing (even though that's what I need to do). I also met a couple who lives across the alley from me, and I explored the restaurant closest to me (FNG), which is only a couple of blocks away - they made a v. tasty burger and some awesome tots, which was exactly what I was craving for an early dinner. Then I drove back to Boulder, should have done a million things, and instead only did like two things.

But now I'm going to bed - I refused to work tonight, but that means I should get up and hit it early tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: