Saturday, June 08, 2019

working double time on the seduction line

I didn't get quite as much done as intended today, mostly because I woke up two hours later than planned... But that isn't something I regret. I spent the morning doing some random tasks, and I also did a bunch of sorting and organizing - now the trick will be to actually haul away everything that I want to get rid of, rather than putting it off and then moving it to the new place anyway.

But I had to stop to make time for fun - I had dinner plans with Katie and James, so I had to shower and drive to Denver. I got to their place around 5:30 and made mojitos while they finished getting ready, and so we hung out in the backyard for a bit before heading to dinner. They had a babysitter, so the three of us had a v grown up dinner at Old Major. I generally like that place - the menu never excites me when I read it, but then everything is always excellent anyway. Their salad had this awesome Meyer lemon and poppyseed dressing, and Katie and I split a perfect steak and some excellent fries (but any fries cooked in pork fat are going to be good). And I shouldn't have touched it, but I had a bite of James's fried chicken and it was pretty incredible too.

James left early to relieve the babysitter, and Katie and I took our time settling up. I might have spent the night with them if we'd managed to keep the party going immediately upon arrival at their house, but instead we hung out in the living room and talked about a series of depressing topics (mainly pedophiles and dodgeball). So that helped me to sober up completely, which meant I could drive home and sleep in my own bed.

So now that's exactly what I'm going to do - and I'll be dreaming of a couple of weeks from now, when I'll be living in Denver and able to see Katie as much as possible (especially this summer, since summer here is glorious). Of course, I have a whole move to get through before then, which means I should sleep so I can keep slogging tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: