Saturday, June 15, 2019

you wanna light it now, the candle from both ends

I spent almost the entire day in Denver, which was great. I didn't get up quite as early as planned, but I was out the door by 9:30ish, which is respectable for me on a Saturday. I grabbed a couple of pints of paint, stopped at the office to avail myself of the free iced coffee on tap, and drove to my new house, where I put the new samples on the walls.

While those dried, I walked down to the Highlands Street Fair, which was happening today only. I was only a couple of blocks away, so I scoped out some of the vendors, and then grabbed brunch at Matador. The bar there is promising in terms of places to hang out and journal - and the carnitas hash was excellent.

Then I walked home, with a quick stop at the public library booth to sign up for a library card. When I got home, I painted the second coat on the wall, and then finished masking the room - everything is prepped except for the top of the door, and I have all my materials except the paint itself, so hopefully this goes fast.

I did take a break to have an impromptu dinner at Katie's - I still don't know which of us is more excited that I'm moving to dinner, and it's great that we can do things in an even more casual and impromptu fashion. She made a great eggplant dish, and we spent some time in the backyard, until the girls creeped me out by smelling some honeysuckle and then telling me in a strange voice that it was time for heaven. Kids might actually be the devil sometimes.

After I left, I stopped at my place to check out the paint swatches in the dark, and I think I've made up my mind. Then I came back to Boulder, and now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: