Saturday, June 01, 2019

don't worry, you will

I had a really nice day, thanks for asking. I got up of my own accord around seven and laid in bed doing nothing for an hour, but then I spent a couple of hours drinking iced coffee, reflecting on last month, and planning for this month. This feels like the eye of the storm between last month's crazy travel + work schedule and this month's work + move schedule, so I took advantage of the quiet to consider what I want to accomplish.

Then, I started purging my books - and of course it was a mistake to do this, because that really just meant that I sat on the floor of my office for hours reading snippets of a bunch of books. My mother would find this familiar, since this is where all attempts to clean my room always stalled. I got through over half of the ones I was sorting and have decided to get rid of some, but I've still got a ways to go (and many piles on my floor).

However, I eventually had to stop so that I could shower and drive into Denver. My friend Sherry is in town for the weekend - she was invited to speak at a convention that is going on in Denver this weekend (formerly ComicCon, now called something else), and so we met up for an early dinner. It was challenging to retrieve her from the bowels of downtown conference traffic hell, but I found her and took her to Linger, which was tasty - but in retrospect, although I like Linger on most days, I was in the mood for something totally different and more comforting. Sherry was also exhausted because she's in the middle of final edits on a book and also speaking at this conference, so it was a v. lowkey and chill evening. But as usual it was great to see her - if I were going to my family reunion next weekend, I might have swung through Austin to see her there, but I'm not (and she's not there now anyway), and I'm not going to RWA this year, so I'm glad we got the chance to catch up outside of our usual times together.

After we were done, I dropped her off at her hotel, came back to Boulder, picked up some stuff at the grocery store, came home, folded laundry, changed my sheets, and then did nothing but daydream about paint and mess around on twitter. And now that it's clear that I'm not going to be any more productive than I've already been, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: