Wednesday, June 19, 2019

take a number where the blood just barely dried

Today was pretty good, all in all - I got up early, was at the office by eight, and got a couple of hours of work done before my first meetings started. I actually had a couple of breaks in the day, which was critical for getting stuff done (although I didn't read any email - but that's par for the course).

I left a little after five, stopped by my new eye doctor's office to order contacts, picked up takeout at Kalita Grill, came home, ate the takeout, and then procrastinated for way too long - I went down a wikipedia rabbit hole starting with Juneteenth, which I've done before and will likely do again. But I did eventually emerge from wikipedia and managed to pack eleven boxes of books in my office. That comprises all my books except for a box-ish downstairs and my cookbooks (and a couple of tubs of books under the guest bed that are already packed). My goal is to get the rest of my office packed up tomorrow and most of my bedroom packed Friday - if the upstairs can be packed by Friday, I should be in good shape for moving Monday, since I'll have time this weekend to pack the kitchen.

But those are problems for another day - right now I need to sleep so that I can get up early and repeat these work feats tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: