Saturday, June 29, 2019

now my morning has broken

I'm sitting in bed in Kearney, Nebraska, watching Guy Fieri slowly kill himself through a marathon of 'Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives'. Of course, I shouldn't judge, since he looks somewhat nimble while stuffing red-eye gravy in his face, while my legs feel like I'm eighty-five due to a couple of weeks of endless moving + periods of sitting still and letting everything freeze up.

sssanyway. I woke up fairly early this morning and tried to get through as much of my kitchen as I could - I didn't hit my goal of unpacking every single kitchen box, but I made a lot of progress. Things feel like they're starting to come together, and having most of my kitchen + my bedroom done makes me feel better about things. I still have a lot of kitchen + my entire office, and then I want to slowly furnish/decorate/paint/etc/etc - but the key word is 'slow', and taking time to find things I love rather than just buying something relatively quickly to fill a gap in my place.

Around noon, I'd done three loads of laundry, unpacked a whole bunch of stuff, and decided that it was time to prep for the rest of my day. So I loaded my old desk in my car, put my luggage in, took a shower, and then grabbed a late lunch at Blue Pan Pizza. It's two blocks from my house and has the best gluten-free pizza crust I've ever had. GF crusts tend to be thin-crust, which I've come to like and appreciate - but Blue Pan (and Wild Flour, which is the Boulder company they get their dough from) has solved the problem of making a real pan-style GF pizza. I don't know how they did it, or how it tastes like it actually rose with yeast and everything, but it was delightful. I'd heard Blue Pan was good, but after only one try, I'm a total convert.

Then I went home, grabbed the last bit of stuff, and took off for Iowa. I drove for five hours today, which is about halfway - so I should probably go to bed so that I can get home tomorrow early afternoon. That timing is a bit in flux since I accidentally stayed up a bit too late (the timezone changes around Ogallala, and my body thinks it's 11, but it's actually midnight). But my dad sent me a photo of my beloved A&E french onion dip this afternoon, so I have some incentive to get there. Goodnight!

No comments: