Thursday, June 06, 2019

scotch and hotdogs

I had a pretty fun day, despite having to work - but I got up, messed around daydreaming about house stuff, wrote for a bit, and made it into the office in time for my first meeting at nine a.m. I slogged for a few hours, but it wasn't too onerous. At three, I slacked off and drank scotch instead - but it was at work and with someone who used to be my boss, so I'm counting it as work.

I'd won a scotch tasting in a charity auction over the holidays, and this was the week when the winners could finally all get together. So we sat in a conference room and tasted like eight different scotches, which was enough to get me fairly tipsy (a state that continued to worsen for an hour or so after). We took a break in the middle to grab snacks, and we were done by five - but it was a really fun couple of hours, full of many jokes (some of which were slightly inappropriate, since some of them know I write romance novels and asked me how I felt about tasting notes that included things like 'mouthfeel').

Needless to say, I couldn't drive home after that. So I talked to a couple of coworkers for a few minutes, then walked home - which felt like it took forever because it was really hot and I was really not capable of fast movement. But I got home, promptly laid on the couch and took a nap, and then spent the last few hours (after sobering up) alternating between procrastinating by reading D-Day coverage and doing a bit of stuff for the day job.

And now I need to sleep, since I need to get up in time to write and then walk back to the office. Goodnight!

No comments: