Friday, June 14, 2019

i cover it slow, cover it slow

I took possession of my house today! This is v exciting and so far I still don't have any remorse, which is a bit weird given my usual aversion to anything that smacks of settling somewhere. But given how much money I spent on it, it's a good thing I'm not second guessing it, amirite?

I went to work for a few hours this morning first, and luckily those meetings were all good - perhaps even great, although I don't want to jinx it. Then I left and met up with the seller - he showed me the sprinklers, the alarm system, and a couple of other things to know. Then I grabbed a late lunch, picked up some stuff at Home Depot, grabbed some snacks at the grocery store, and went back to the house. I sat on the floor and stared at paint swatches for awhile, and almost talked myself out of painting....

But I talked to my parents first, who definitely weren't encouraging me to paint since they know better, and when I got off the phone with them I decided to proceed anyway. So I masked and laid down plastic and a drop cloth, and then I painted three swatches on three different walls, which means I'm committed to at least painting the office.

While the first coat dried, I walked down 32nd to grab dinner. The street was bustling and there's tons of stuff I want to try, which is exciting. But I ended up grabbing pizza and heading back to my place pretty quickly so that I could paint the second coat. One color is almost definitely out; the other two are possibilities but I'm not sure yet. So I'll have to check them out tomorrow and maybe paint a couple more swatches before making a decision.

But now I'm back in Boulder and need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: