Friday, June 28, 2019

pull the thread

I'm still just a wee bit tired from my move, so I wasn't in my absolute best form today. However, I did wear a new hot pink dress with gold pineapples in it, which made up for a lot. Also, I'll happy to report that my commute is, thus far, not a problem - we'll see if I feel the same when I start writing before work again, but this week was all good.

So I went to work, slogged a lot, and finished with a meeting with my boss and my VP, which is a bit of a rough way to end a Friday (although the meeting went well). Then I promptly left and made a stop at the Container Store, where I bought many containers to organize my bathroom. I spent the evening unpacking my bathroom and bedroom and doing some laundry - I'm happy to report my bathroom/bedroom is unpacked, which is good because it makes it easier for me to repack my suitcase.

Oh, and before I came home, I checked out my local wine shop - and I was delighted to discover how extensive their selection is and how great their service is. So far I'm really loving this neighborhood - there are so many good restaurants and cute shops, like some of my favorite neighborhoods in San Francisco, but significant less feces, so that's exciting.

But now I need to sleep - my goal is to get my kitchen unpacked in the morning so it's in some semblance of order before I go to Iowa. Goodnight!

No comments: