Thursday, June 27, 2019

one of my longshots paid off

I should have done more work today than I did - but I was pretty easily distracted, and I also had to run an errand in the middle of the day to pick up my car from the dealership. I also left at 4:15 to get my nails done - I'm considering today to have been a required health appointment rather than a luxury, since my nails were all broken off to the nubs and my fingers are so wrecked from moving that my phone no longer accepts my fingerprint as a sign-in option.

After that, I talked to my dad briefly, and then I went to my old apartment for the final time to do the move-out walkthrough with my landlord / real estate agent. That all went smoothly, and I'm happy to say goodbye to the place. Apparently he rented it to three twenty-something girls, so I almost wish I were living nearby so that I might hear how they get along with my downstairs neighbor (who yelled at his videogames all the time and also had a very moan-y girlfriend, but complained the one time I had Katie over and we talked in my living room late at night). #schadenfreude

Then I grabbed dinner at Motomaki, drove home, and spent the evening doing laundry, talking to [censored] and doing some work. And now I really must sleep - usually Fridays are chill, but tomorrow is my busiest meeting day of the week, with no time for lunch and a meeting with my VP at four, which should be illegal. Goodnight!

No comments: