Wednesday, September 11, 2019

count it out count it out

Today was not the worst birthday I've ever had (thanks to that other 9/11, the title of 'worst birthday' has probably been claimed in perpetuity), but it definitely wasn't the best either. Luckily I was feeling better this morning and made it through a whole day at the office without dying. However, while my congestion has gotten better, I occasionally blow my nose and suddenly screw up the pressure in my ears, which makes me dizzy and unable to hear well. And, equally tragically, lunch at work today was some Persian fish stew, which is one of my least favorite dishes they serve (even if it's organic, free, cooked for me, and generally not something I should complain about).

sssanyway. Despite those literal and figurative headaches, I had a decent day at the office - my team made me a really sweet online card with some v. nice things in it (and a lot of jhokes), and I had some good meetings. I talked to my mom on the way to the office and my dad on the way back, so that felt like a fitting bookend to my day. And when I got home, I had leftover pizza and wine waiting for me - so while it felt rather lackluster to stay in instead of going out for my birthday, it was probably what my still-recovering body needed.

And now I need to sleep - if I can sleep through the night again tonight, it will go a long way toward restoring me. Goodnight!

No comments: