Thursday, September 12, 2019

under the bridge

I woke up this morning, got ready, and decided to stay home so that I could go to urgent care for drugs. Since I'm old now, it seems appropriate to share my health woes; my nose congestion has mostly cleared up, but it is moving out towards my ears and lungs. My ears feel stopped up and it's sometimes hard to listen to people talk, sick makes my job (which almost entirely involves listening to people talk) kinda challenging.

So I stayed home, worked from 8-3, ordered some Indian food for lunch, took a twelve minute nap that saved me, and generally tried to survive. Then I went to urgent care, where they said my ears were fine (my ears say otherwise), but gave me Prednisone, which is what I thought I needed.

I then came home, slept for an hour, and then maybe chili - I was craving red meat, so decided cooking was worth the energy expenditure. Then I watched Fixer Upper and generally was lazy, which is what I needed even though I'm so behind at work that I'm having trouble disengaging from it. And now I'm going to go to bed early and hope sleep + drugs will make everything better. Goodnight!

No comments: