Tuesday, September 10, 2019

first time in a long time now

I still wasn't feeling great today - it didn't help that I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night due to my congestion/cough situation. I went into the office this morning because I couldn't stand the idea of spending another day at home - but by the time I got there, I was already tired and regretting it. So I got through my morning meetings, grabbed lunch (the main incentive for going), and then took advantage of my post-lunch break to drive home so that I could take the rest of my meetings here + avoid rush hour. This probably saved my life. As I told [censored] over text, I had a bad moment this morning when I was talking to a coworker and really needed to cough, but I tried to suppress it, so I ended up crying instead - and actually felt a tear drop onto my foot. That's next-level misery even for me.

sssanyway, my day wasn't actually all that bad, despite feeling like death. I took a nap after my last meeting and probably could have slept all night, but going to bed at 6pm would have been a recipe for disaster. So I forced myself out of bed and walked down the street with the intention of grabbing something quick at Chipotle - but when I walked past Blue Pan, they miraculously had a seat open at the bar, so I took the opportunity despite my illness. Their gluten free deep-dish is just as good as always, so I sat there awhile and journaled, and now I have leftover pizza for later in the week. Then I came home and worked for an hour because I still feel so behind...but it's time to throw in the towel and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: