Thursday, September 19, 2019

don't tell me i lost a step

Today was calibration day, which, as I've said before, is a Thunderdome-style four-hour meeting twice a year where we discuss ratings for our people (my auto-correct tried to turn "ratings" into "trauma", so autocorrect knows what's up). Actually it's not really Thunderdome-style - our group was pretty thoughtful and it was good overall. But four hours of any kind of meeting is destined to throw my day out of whack.

Still, I had time to enjoy my lunch (Korean barbecue and sweet potato noodle), and I got home a little before six. Kristen came over shortly after - we work together but we're way overdue for a friend catch-up. So we drank rose on my patio until after dark, and then we went to Blue Pan to have pizza and more wine. Amusingly enough we ran into Andy, who is also on our team, so clearly Blue Pan is the place to be.

And now, after a really nice night, I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: