Friday, September 27, 2019

we’re finally on our own

i worked from home today, which meant I was very relaxed and probably didn’t get enough done. Usually I’m pretty productive at home, but I didn’t have any pressing deadlines, so it was very nice to get some time to think. Also, I took a break in the middle to meet with a paint contractor - Katie used her to paint a few rooms, so I asked for a quote. She walked around and measured and gave me a quote that seemed reasonable, and a tentative window for when I’m back from Berlin, which would be perfect. So now i need to pick colors, but that should be fun.

I sloughed off work around five, messed around in my living room, took a nap, and then made instant pot palak paneer using a recipe Veronica gave me. It turned out really well and was super easy - and and I added butter and cream at the end, so it was even better (albeit less healthy, since it’s mostly spinach otherwise). And then I spent the evening messing around on home decor sites and writing in my journal - yes, I’m very fun.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: