Sunday, September 22, 2019

it's a quarter past midnight and the sirens are mending some hearts

I was lazier than intended today, but perhaps that wasn't a bad thing. I did some rug research and I think I settled on the one that I'm going to buy - I'm sleeping on it and then ordering tomorrow if I still agree. I also did a couple of loads of laundry, tidied up around the house, and made a really delicious (if I do say so myself) lunch - a breakfast sandwich made with some green chile sausage that I bought at Whole Foods yesterday, plus fried egg, on gluten free bread that I'd cooked texas-toast style. As you may have pieced together from the blog, I'm enjoying having a kitchen that I like cooking in, and also enjoying being here more than a few days in a row - my travel schedule in other times makes it a little tough to buy groceries and prep meals.

Unfortunately, I had to do some day job work this afternoon, so I spent about two hours on my work laptop. I probably should have spent eight, but I wasn't feeling that as a good life decision. So, I stopped a little before five and went over to Katie's - we hadn't seen each other for a month since I went to Australia and then she went to Greece, and so we were way overdue to catch up. We hung out and drank wine in the backyard while James made dinner (hero), and said dinner was really tasty. James also started a fire in their fire pit, and so after dinner we roasted marshmallows and the girls ran around with their neighbor kids. All in all it was just a really fun and lovely late-summer night, so I'm glad we live close enough to make such things happen easily.

I came home around nine and finished putting away laundry, dishes, etc....and now I need to sleep so that I can get up and do some stuff before work. Goodnight!

No comments: