Monday, September 16, 2019

i miss those days

I had a pretty good blend of #treatyoself, writing, family, cooking, and work today - maybe it's not good that I worked on a Sunday, but sometimes it has to happen (and I probably needed to do more than the three hours I did tonight). I slept in this morning, did a bit of house and financial stuff, and then walked down the street to get a massage as a post-birthday treat. The massage was really good and I liked the space; in a lot of ways my new neighborhood feels like when I lived near Union Street in SF, although I have yet to find an acceptable replacement for Tony (there is no replacement for Tony).

When I came out the farmers market was in full swing; I didn't buy anything, but I did chat up the owner of a cute vintage store that I've stopped in at a couple of times before. I may use them to create a top for the free standing butter churn that my mom's father refinished in the distant past - I think it would look great with a metal top to match the crank on the side, and then I could put a plant on top and live my best urban farmhouse life. The woman at the store seemed interested, so I need to text her some photos and see what we can do.

Then I came home, ate leftover chili, and did a whole lot of nothing for awhile. Then I wrote for a couple of hours (shocking). Then I called my parents, and then I started a vat of chicken and wild rice soup in the instant pot. I had the ingredients from when I was sick, and I didn't want them to go to waste, so I threw the soup together tonight. Even with the instant pot it's not instant, so I ate leftover Indian food while it was cooking. Then I spent the last 3-4 hrs working, with a few breaks to text [censored] and [redacted] and clean up my kitchen.

And now it's bedtime - goodnight!

No comments: