Sunday, September 08, 2019

one foot in front of the other

Sadly, I don't seem to feel any better than yesterday. If anything I feel worse, likely because I'm getting progressively crankier and have also had to blow my nose every 5-10mins all day.

This was likely compounded by spending a couple of hours pulling weeds this morning - I didn't want to, but my yard was getting away from me, and I didn't want to put it off until next weekend in case something even more dire (or fun) prevented me from doing it then. So, the front yard now looks a lot better and I had a couple of gallons of weeds at the end of it. I didn't do anything with the weeds in the back, but there are many fewer since the back is mostly patio, so that can wait. But my allergies on top of my cold probably wasn't a good combo, and I probably shouldn't have exerted myself quite that much.

So, when I was done, I made some french toast on a whim (I saw someone else's french toast on Instagram and was influenced). It was pretty delicious, even with gluten free bread - I put some vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom in the egg/milk mixture, which made it feel next-level. Then I took a nap, because I had to.

At that point I probably should have just stayed in bed...but Crate and Barrel is running an upholstered furniture sale that ends tomorrow, and I wanted to check out a couple of chairs with the possibility of buying one. So I drove down to Cherry Creek, managed to score a parking spot directly in front of the store (which was key, since we had thunderstorms this afternoon), and spent an hour wandering around and browsing delightedly. Or, somewhat delightedly - the delight was significantly muted by blowing my nose constantly and feeling like I shouldn't be there. I narrowed it down to a couple of options (a recliner that doesn't look like a recliner, and a cool mid-century style chair/ottoman combo), then drove over to CB2 a few blocks away and explored their selection as well. I didn't end up actually buying anything at either store, which was probably wise - I almost got lured in by some candles at Crate and Barrel, but realized that it was dumb to buy candles when I probably wasn't smelling them correctly at the moment.

Then I drove home, tried to call my parents, and then procrastinated while waiting for them to call me back. Then I ate some leftover spaghetti, and then did a whole lot of nothing on my phone - I should have wrote, or worked, or done literally anything else, but I was too wiped out.

So, this is the end of a truly annoying weekend. I will attempt to be in better spirits later this week, but I make no promises for tomorrow if I'm not feeling better. Goodnight!

No comments: