Saturday, September 28, 2019

i got purple hat, cheetah print

Today was all about errands. I probably should have done more actual stuff, or spent less, but #noregrets. I inadvertently got nine hours of sleep to start things off, and then I got ready, took care of some tings online, and went to Target for a long-overdue Target run. While I was there, Katie called, and we unfortunately discovered that we had probably overlapped at that Target and not known it. Sad. But now I'm stocked up on all sorts of things - it's amazing how having a basement and actual storage space changes my buying patterns, since I can now buy stuff in bulk rather than buying whatever will fit into a handful of closets and cabinets.

After Target, I went to the mall to return a couple of things. That meant I also bought a couple of things, but I came close to breaking even. I also had lunch at the Nordstrom cafe - I ended up ordering steak frites on a whim and eating the entire thing, which felt pretty awesome since I rarely have steak (my new neighborhood is great, but there is no Des Amis here - but there's no Des Amis in San Francisco anymore either, so I guess that part of my life is over). Then I drove across the street to Crate and Barrel (I drove because I didn't want to have to carry things, which was wise), where I returned a bunch of rug samples and bought a couple of pillows.

Then I tried out a garden center and thought I'd hit pay dirt, so to speak - I bought a really pretty jade plant and another succulent, and some succulent potting soil, and generally liked the place. I stopped off at home after that to empty my car, and then I went out again - this time to another garden center, which made the first one look like a sad roadside stand by comparison. I was on a mission to find some decorative pots to put my indoor plants in, and this place had a million, which was pretty delightful. They also had a ton of plants and I wanted to buy all of them, but I refrained because I really don't know what I'm doing and should see if I can keep a few alive before I invest any further. Still, I was pleased to find both of these stores (the first is Jensen's on Wadsworth and 9th, and the second is Echter's near Wadsworth and I-70), so we'll see if I can develop a green thumb before everything dies around me.

Then I went to Home Depot to pick up a couple of other things. And then I came home and was lazy - I ate leftover palak paneer and spent a couple of hours watching HGTV while researching decor-type stuff online. And now I'm going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: