Friday, September 13, 2019

you should see me in a crown

Prednisone is a bit of a miracle - while I'm definitely not 100%, I'm feeling much better than I was a week ago. I had intended to stay home today, but I ended up going into the office - I'm very sick of being at home, sick of feeding myself, and sick of living in my own filth (okay, not filth exactly, but my house is a mess since I've been traveling/jetlagged/sick for almost a month).

So the office was a weirdly good break from home, even if I had a bunch of meetings and didn't get out as early as planned. When I got home, I procrastinated, ate leftover Indian food, messed around on my phone, and fell asleep on my couch. I did salvage the end of the evening by spending an hour and a half cleaning my bedroom, unpacking from Sydney, putting away my clothes, etc - and the joy I feel about that definitely means I'm past my youth, but #noregrets.

And now I need to sleep - I need to do some work this weekend (I usually refuse to do day job stuff on the weekend, but it's performance review season, so I have no choice). And I also want to do some house stuff, maybe socialize, and definitely get over my cold. Goodnight!

No comments: