Saturday, September 07, 2019

we smile at party time

My cold is rather abhorrent, and I'm plowing my way through every kleenex box in the house (of which there are many, because I grew up in a family that doesn't believe in being more than ten feet from one). So, today was rather boring and borderline depressing as a result. I slept until ten, then spent the morning organizing stuff in my kitchen...which mostly meant organizing my tea collection. This was #worthit since I now have a better sense of what delicious teas I have, and what delicious teas I may need to reorder at some point. After all, winter is coming, and since I didn't watch Game of Thrones, I can only assume that that catchphrase actually means "stock up on tea!"

sssanyway. I also took stock of my baking supplies (mostly good, but I need more chocolate chips), made some scrambled eggs and toast, and kept downing emergen-c. I tried to put together my other two barstools - one went together really quickly since I've now figured out a method for it, but the other one was a jhoke because they included the wrong hardware (instead of 4 bolts of one size and 4 bolts of another size, they sent 8 bolts of a completely different size from the other two). Between this and the dented garden stool, there's a reason I'm bougie and don't like to order furniture from cheap online distributors. But I sent an email inquiring about the missing bolts, and the other two stools are really nice, so I'll be happy with this one once I can put it together.

After that, I broke down all the boxes and took them to the garage. Then I meticulously swept the floors, since the silicon desiccant packets helpfully included with the stools had broken and left tiny, foot-impaling spheres of silicon all over my front hall. Somewhere in there I also did several loads of laundry. So, I was thinking of going out at that point since I have barely left the house in three days....but I discovered that I really didn't have the energy for going anywhere.

So, I spent the rest of the late afternoon / evening being completely boring, although I did make some masala chai (since I found some Samovar spices in my tea stash) and journal for a bit, which was good. And now I need to sleep and hope that I am on the road to recovery tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: