Wednesday, September 25, 2019

coming out of my cage and i've been doing just fine

I had my usual day of intense meetings at work, and I was dragging by mid-afternoon - I really just wanted a nap, but had to pretend to pay attention in the rest of my meetings. But then I drove back to Denver and actually had fun - I reconnected with Simon, who is friends with Katrina, Adit, and several other mutuals. He's lived in Denver for about a year, but has a two-year-old, so he and his wife haven't been socializing much.

But we got together tonight and met up at a Stanford alumni networking event at Linger. We hung out on the roof there for about an hour and were even committed enough to meet a few other people who were there, so that was v. outgoing of us. And then we left and went down the street to Lola, where we split some food and talked for a couple of hours. Simon and I had never spent solo time together before, but it was really nice - he's a visual artist (and former Googler), so while visual art and writing aren't the same, we have some v. similar struggles. So now we have a tentative standing date for some creative time, which would be a really lovely thing.

And now that I'm home, I should really go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: