Sunday, September 29, 2019

damn your wife, i'd be your mistress just to have you around

I did a lot of house stuff today, and then backslid into day job stuff at the end of it. I spent the morning doing yard work around the patio - nothing too terrible, but I pulled some ivy or other invasive vine thing off my fence (and shudder to wonder what kind of forest is growing on the other side - that neighbor seems to have a v. overgrown situation going on), and also cut off a whole bunch of possible little saplings springing up around my tree.

Then I did inside stuff - I did some laundry, moved some stuff around, put together my third barstool, and made a batch of chocolate chip chewies. Those were for my new next door neighbors, who moved in this weekend - yes, I am trying to buy their affection, but we'll see. I have no doubt my chewies can buy just about anyone's love, but whether we become friends remains to be seen. They seemed nice enough, and about my age, so I live in hope.

I also took a bubble bath for the first time since moving in, which almost turned into a nap. I talked to my parents - if all goes according to plan they'll be out here next weekend, so fingers crossed nothing jinxes them. Then I made some chicken tortilla soup - I almost didn't, but I had the ingredients and didn't want to waste them. I didn't just make one batch - I chopped up enough veggies for four batches and froze the other three, and also froze the tomatoes and some corn tortilla. Having this stuff already chopped makes future batches so much easier, even if it was more time than I wanted to spend tonight. And then, while the soup was cooking and after I ate it, I did a few hours of day job stuff - I didn't want to, but tomorrow will be way better because I did some stuff tonight.

And now I need to sleep, since morning will come way too soon - goodnight!

No comments: