Saturday, September 14, 2019

gin and juice

I felt almost back to normal today... If this were the beginning of a cold I would have complained about it, but the end of a cold feels like such a gift that I was v excited. I spent most of the day doing stuff around the house - I finally tidied up my laundry room, remade my guest bed after my last guest, cleaned off my patio furniture (a tree directly above the couch is shedding, which is unfortunate), and spent several hours working on my office. I rearranged a lot of books, which may seem like a waste of time to some people, but to me is utterly vital.

But I had to stop eventually - I took a quick nap, a quick shower, and then went over to Kelly's to see her new place. It's gorgeous - we made the opposite decisions when buying since hers is very new and very modern, while mine is a bit more traditional, so I think we're both simultaneously happy in our spaces and jealous of the other one.

So we had a drink at her place, then came to place so she could get the tour here. Then we ubered to Bar Dough - I really love it, and she hadn't been, so we took our chances. We scored an immediate seat at the pizza bar, where we had a view of the kitchen, and we had a great meal. The cucumber salad is like a slightly upscale version of what my mom makes, the meatballs are great, and my gluten free pasta was as great as always. We split a bottle of wine and a really long, lovely conversation, and we ended with an espresso martini for her and a limoncello for me (which was probably a mistake, but #worthit).

And now that we've cemented our friendship and I'm safely ensconced in my house, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: