Monday, September 16, 2019

now i'm following you out to the coast

Today was a day. I knew it was going to be a bit rough because I didn't get enough sleep and had too much work to do, and I was right. It wasn't too terrible - I didn't get there until 9:30, and I left at 5:30, and I had time for lunch and a bit of work rather than just having eight hours of meetings, so it could have been worse, I guess. But it definitely could have been better.

When I got home, I cleaned up my kitchen and ate two kinds of leftover soup - I really wanted to go out for tacos and margaritas, but didn't have time, so I ate the last of some leftover chili. That wasn't enough, so I also ate some of the chicken and wild rice soup that I made last night. Then, eventually, I knuckled down and did four hours of work - it's performance review season and also time to plan for 2020 and also time to plan for next quarter, and I'm also behind from being in Australia / jetlagged / sick, so there's really no way around some of the deadlines that are facing me down.

But I got through my initial phase of performance reviews, which I honestly wasn't sure I could get done tonight (even though they were due today), so I'm taking that as a win. And now I'm going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: