Thursday, August 18, 2022

all the possibilities get me feeling kind of free

I had a long but productive day today - I got up this morning and took care of some stuff around the house, and then I made a quick trip to Des Moines to take care of some business. I had to FedEx some stuff back to my old employer, but the pickup I requested from FedEx never came to my house, and I didn't want to leave the stuff at a drop off location where it wouldn't be scanned immediately and could easily be stolen. So, finally I gave up and drove to a FedEx place in Des Moines (only a leisurely 160-mi round trip to get to a FedEx).

Since I had to go up there anyway, I crammed in a stock-up run, with lightning trips to Costco, Target, and Whole Foods. Then I drove home, where I unloaded the car and decompressed for a bit. [Censored] and I ended up going to eat at the local Mexican place - it's v. unusual for us to eat inside instead of doing takeout, but since I don't have a dining table here, we decided that sitting at a table was worth the effort.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: