Tuesday, August 09, 2022

birds and snakes and aeroplanes

I had a very self-care Tuesday. My mind is still working itself around the idea that I'm now funemployed; I dreamed of work last night, but in a nostalgic sort of way, not in the stress-filled drama of the last few months. So when I got up, I took a shower, poured myself some iced coffee, ate some yogurt, and spent some quality time journaling on my balcony. Right now my balcony only has a lawn chair, a metal side chair, and several stone angels left by the previous owner that I have not yet disposed of. But despite the fact that it's definitely not my aesthetic vibe, it's an excellent place to hang out when it's not a million degrees (or negative million degrees, which is coming sooner than I want).

I also took care of some business-type activities, ate a sandwich, and spent the afternoon organizing my kitchen. I'm still not fully there, but I got things cleared enough that I was able to cook tonight - I made my go-to baked lemon/garlic chicken, along with some garlicky fingerling potatoes that were pretty much perfect. I also made a greek salad, which would have been better if I had bought kalamata olives instead of assuming that I had some in my pantry. And I even cleared off enough space on my bar to be able to eat at it, so that was all v. exciting.

After supper, I read a bit on my balcony (THE SCYTHIANS, which is, perhaps unsurprisingly, a history of the ancient Scythians), messed around online, etc. And now I'm going to read some more and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: