Thursday, August 04, 2022

we say it all of the time, the time is now, it's now or never

I have successfully completed the bulk of my move, and I'm so exhausted that I almost forgot that the move happened this morning. But it was all pretty quick and painless (painless for me; less painless for the guy who left a visible streak of sweat on the wall in my office). It was also quick and painless for my dad, who stopped by solely to eat the biscuits and gravy he'd gotten from the store next door. I said farewell to Frank and his truck sometime around noon; he is headed for Indiana, which I firmly believe is an inferior midwestern state.

Then I looked at all my stuff and promptly walked next door to grab chips and dip from the convenience store. I would say my move was probably a topic of discussion today, since I live on one of the main roads in town and there was a moving truck parked next to me - but you can't live in a small town without occasionally being the topic of conversation. After I ate lunch (and watched some Daily Show recap of the Alex Jones trial, which gave me an immense feeling of gratitude that someone, somewhere, may have to actually pay for all the lies they've told on the airwaves), I took an extended nap in an effort to revive me.

Revival was only partially successful, but I was awake when my mom stopped by, so that was good timing. I spent the rest of the day / evening slowly starting to unpack, which requires moving stuff that is already here, consolidating, and making a lot of decisions about what I will use and where/when. Eventually, [censored] showed up so we can discuss house projects. And now I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: