Thursday, August 25, 2022

that's what makes you beautiful

I had a relatively busy / productive day, which was what I needed. I got less sleep than I wanted, which is partially a function of the fact that I've taken all the blinds off my windows in anticipation of painting, so it was much lighter in my room much earlier than it usually is. I spent most of the morning prepping for painting - since my bedroom is somehow, for no good reason, over 500 square feet, it takes a lot of taping and dusting and general cleanup to get it ready to go.

In the afternoon, I ran to the courthouse to make another attempt at registering my car - the first attempt was a fiasco, but this attempt was smooth sailing. And, in a #smalltownlife moment, there was no one doing any business there when I walked in, and so I walked out with a new registration and plates in less than fifteen minutes. I still regret not having DoorDash or Uber Eats here, but there are some major conveniences.

I also spent an hour talking to some former coworkers whom I hadn't gotten a chance to catch up with before leaving (Aga and Andrea, who were on my team almost five years ago, which is crazy). And eventually, [censored] and I decided to go out for dinner - I could have eaten leftovers, but I'll take an excuse to go out.

And now, I should really go to bed before I squander the remaining hours of darkness - goodnight!

No comments: