Saturday, August 13, 2022

i saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

My day was way lazier than I intended for it to be, but it's probably because I accomplished so much yesterday (and then overdosed on cookies and three aperol spritzes while Katie was here). Katie left v. early this morning, and after I said goodbye to her, I went back to sleep for an ill-advised length of time. This made me pretty lethargic for the rest of the day, but I did take care of some personal tasks, and I also did a bit of unpacking/organizing in the garage. I still have a lot to do there, but it's starting to get a little better. Of course, while the garage is getting better, the basement is getting worse - but that's a problem for Future Sara.

Eventually, I went out to the parents' house, where I cooked shrimp alfredo - it's becoming a go-to because it's pretty easy and v. fast, and I can usually have the ingredients on hand. [censored] came out as well, so we had a nice family dinner. Then, I came back into town, tidied up, etc. And eventually [censored] and I decided to watch a movie - we settled on 'The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard', which is a Ryan Reynolds/Samuel L. Jackson/Salma Hayek movie (with Antonio Banderas in basically the same role he played in 'Uncharted', which we watched last weekend). The movie was utterly ridiculous - I *think* I enjoyed it? It made v. little sense, but it was v. funny in parts and definitely made fun of other action movie tropes. So, it was a pleasant way to spend the evening, I guess.

And now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: