Monday, August 29, 2022

an idea you think you come from

I had a long but productive day - the main task was getting my car serviced, which required driving to Des Moines for (not because there are no mechanics here, but because I have maintenance prepaid at Audi). The Audi dealership is much smaller than my Denver one, but it was a nice experience - and, v. luckily, they were able to give me a loaner car for the day. So, rather than ubering somewhere or sitting around for hours, I was able to run some errands.

This mostly meant looking at kitchen appliances at Best Buy - I'm trying to figure out a new stove and fridge, but I'm not entirely sure what I want. Or rather, the fridge and the stove that I want are from two different brands, so I'm debating between matching-but-wrong or right-but-may-look-weird. The perusal of Best Buy's floor models was quite helpful, though. Then I grabbed a salad before going to Lowes, where I examined a bunch of remodel materials and bought some more painting accoutrements.

I killed the rest of the afternoon at Starbucks, and then I picked up my car (after sitting for a bit in the waiting area with a Lowes bucket like a weirdo) and drove back south. When I got home, I immediately scrambled to do a bit of painting - yesterday's paint job looked great overall, but there were a couple of areas I wanted to touch up, and I wanted to do it while there was still light outside. I was successful in that endeavor, so if it looks good tomorrow, I can start prepping to paint the ceiling.

I spent the rest of the night researching appliances and procrastinating, and now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: