Monday, August 22, 2022

babe we're only here, oh, for a little while

It's Monday, which means I had to overcome the Sunday Scaries and get some tings done. I was mostly successful in that initiative - I crossed a whole bunch of stuff off my to do list, which felt good. I did not, however, cross off any of the emails I need to send to any of the friends / former coworkers / etc who've contacted me in the last 4-6 weeks, which is becoming rather tragic. I realized today that in the beforetimes, when I came to Iowa, I usually half or fully disconnected from my 'real life' while I was here - but that's a problem if I live here and am therefore disconnected from everywhere else. So maybe I'll make an effort this week - or maybe I'll just keep hermiting.

sssanyway. I had a v. tasty tuna sandwich for lunch, which is one of the most reliable things I can make from my pantry. I also took a walk sometime in the afternoon, and I had a session with Alyssa, which was great. Somewhere in there, I said farewell to [censored], who went back to his other abode for a couple of days. And I made a second attempt at the instant pot burrito bowl disaster that I made last week - this week's attempt was an amalgamation of a different recipe + the things I liked about last week's recipe, and it turned out perfectly. I would have been satisfied just to cook it without getting a burn notice, but it wasn't just not-burned - it was legitimately tasty, and the rice/beans didn't turn to sludge. So, I'm taking it as a win, and will continue to perfect the recipe from here.

And now, I am going to go to bed with the goal of making it there in the next ten minutes - goodnight!

No comments: