Wednesday, August 10, 2022

da da duh da da duh da da da da dah

I had an excellent day in ye olde Iowa. I spent the morning taking care of tings, and I had a delicious tuna sandwich for lunch. And in the afternoon, I recorded a podcast with Jess - she has created what sounds like an excellent podcast series about people who have two different careers (traditional and creative), and she asked me to be a guest. It was super fun to talk about my tech/writing careers, and it was also a good jumpstart to get me thinking about the work I want to do next (even though I'm still in unpacking mode for now).

After I talked to Jess, I had a chat with Alyssa, which was helpful (although she was half-laughing, half-appalled while we talked about meal planning since I now live in a food desert and can't get a lot of tings that I used to cook with regularly). Then I hung out on my balcony and wrote for awhile - I didn't really create new content, but I reread some stuff and tried to reimmerse in the world I'm creating. I also talked to my mom, in part to coordinate food for the rest of the week - clearly meal planning is going to take more energy than I'm used to, but I'm good with that.

At some point, I ate a v. late supper, and then [censored] showed up, so I talked to him. And now I'm going to read about some Scythians and/or go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: