Friday, August 05, 2022

could I ever believe such a perfect surprise

I had a somewhat lazy day, which is what I expected to happen today, so this is not a shock. After many days of v. little sleep, I let myself sleep in today, and then I messed around the house, drank some cold brew, etc. Eventually, I showered, ate some leftover pizza, and ran out to my parents' house to collect some packages that were there. And then I ran the main errand of the day - I am planning to paint my bedroom, which requires a ton of prepping and also some paint. Since I didn't feel like prepping today, getting the paint felt like an easy-but-still-productive task.

So, I drove to Indianola (which is an hour away) to the nearest store that sells Benjamin Moore so that I could pick up a few gallons of paint. There are a lot of convenient tings about living in a small town, but having to drive an hour each way to pick up various supplies is not one of them. However, the paint errand went well, and I also picked up some groceries while I was near a bigger grocery story - I'm going to have to get my kitchen unpacked asap so that I can feed myself, and having groceries is also critical for that cause.

After I got back from my errands, I took a quick power nap, and then [censored] and I went to our parents' house for supper. We had the usual summer feast - my mom made potato salad, layered lettuce, and baked beans, and my dad grilled brats. It was all quite tasty, as per usual, and it was even better because I didn't have to make it. Then I came home and promptly came upstairs, where I've been alternating between productive endeavors and procrastination all evening.

But now I need to sleep so that I can get something done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: