Saturday, August 20, 2022

cursed is the fool who's willing

I continue to be delighted by how easy some tings are to get done here. For example, [censored] ran into someone at the lumber yard and tentatively secured him to renovate the main floor bathroom later this year. Granted, the 'someone' is already on tap to renovate my kitchen, so this is just adding to the project - but it is certainly easier than lining things up in bigger cities.

However, other tings are harder, such as feeding myself; and also, many projects seem better done on one's own than trying to find someone with the time / resources / willingness to do them. So, I spent today cooking and doing projects. In the morning, I mostly avoided those things by doing some paperwork related to figuring out post-employment insurance. But I buckled down a bit in the afternoon and started prepping my bedroom to paint it. I'd already started this process last week, but today I emptied out everything that needed removed from the bedroom, cleaned all the baseboards, and started taping. I still have a lot of taping left to do, and I need to take down my curtains and repair the curtain rod holes, but I'm making progress.

[censored] also helped with the prep, but [censored]'s contribution was more related to suspicious damage to the drywall (which, upon further investigation, appears to be okay). Unfortunately, I had to stop prepping so that I could cook - I made gluten free tater tot casserole, which was delish (and v. #smalltownlife, except for the fact that it's gluten free). I prepped it at my house up to the point where the tater tots go on top, and then I took it out to my parents' house, where I stole tater tots from my mom and baked it up. The end result was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.

Then I came back to my house, cleaned up my kitchen, and put some rub on a pork shoulder that I'm going to roast tomorrow. And now, I should go to bed, which was my plan half an hour ago - goodnight!

No comments: